Friday, April 8, 2011

Charity Stitching

My last update of the day..... Along with my Wizard's Quilt finish, I also got in about 30 minutes of stitching on a pattern I'm doing for the Yahoo! group World of Charity Stitching (WOCS). This talented group of stitchers, quilters, and sewers come together to make quilts, tote bags, bookmarks, and other stitchy items for the elderly in nursing homes and the women and children forced into domestic abuse shelters. This is my first project for them, but I'm planning to do many, many more.

Vital Statistics:
Pattern Name: Manatee
Designer: Stoney Creek Collection 1986
Distributer: I've had this pattern in my stash for so long I no longer have the original magazine. I doubt it's still available (although I haven't looked very hard).
Fabric: 18 count white AIDA stitched 2 over 1
Stitch Count: 87 x 56
Time Investment: 1.5 hours so far


This is what he will eventually look like. I no longer have a picture of him, just the chart (this is my working cart, so please ignore the yellow highlighter... LOL... although, it does show what I've done so far).



And this is my actual stitching so far. Lots of grey ;o)!


More updates to come....

Happy stitching, everyone!


1 comment:

  1. I love seeing manatees so I love this one too. You are one busy person.

    ReplyDelete